Wednesday 4 May 2011

Rewards

Last night my blood pressure dropped and my blood chemistry numbers reached an all time worst. A desperate call was made to Dr. Kozenko, who told my nurse and Dr. Gilleland to start me on an infusion of Bi-Carbonate. The orders were to give me more than the hospital protocols deemed as the limit for an adult person!

So here I am, my blood chemistry levels have been the best they have been while I have been in the hospital!

I am showing my parents, my family, friends and the Dr.s and nurses that I am a fighter.  Plus mommy and daddy have been teaching me to be a cage fighter, I've been learning blocks and jabs. As a reward Dr. Kozenko has allowed me to start feeding, although it's through this annoying NG tube that they shove through my nose so I can swallow.  It hurts a little in the beginning but I am strong and I only complain a little bit.  Also as an extra perk my all my IVs were taken out now that I have a nose tube! I am starting to look like a REAL boy again.... Except for my jaundice, who is sticking around because my body is so weak. I was finally allowed out of my Giraffe for some snuggles with my mommy and daddy, they were made to promise not to interrupt all my wires!




My medications are up to 16 different ones, mostly vitamins and some experimental meds.  Most of them are in pill form so my nurses have to crush them and dilute them in water, which doesn't work, they still remain solid and clog my feeding tube. I can't even start to list all the ones they are trying on me. They seem to change every so often once the doctors have a meeting and talk about what the solution to my puzzle could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment