Monday 16 May 2011

Ch ch ch Changes...

Hi All,

Dad and I had a great sleep in our new room last night.  The chair dad has now is a little wider and looks like new!  I slept quietly all through the night and right up to my morning blood work.  Nurse Krista came in this morning and gave me my heel poke.  She had to fill a "green top" and a gasses tube.  To make her life hard I decided this was no time to be a bleeder.  3 pokes later I had given enough to go back to sleep. 

Blood work continues to look good so Dr. Potter came to see us and we have changed my Dextrose solution so we can reduce my levels a little slower as I go down the last 1ml per hour.  Previously my solution was 50% dextrose at 1ml per hour.  We are now using 10% Dextrose at 5ml per hour.  Same sugar, more volume.  The plan was to drop my D50 to 0 at 11pm tonight.  The new plan is to drop my D10 by 1ml every 3 hours.  This will let us control my final descent! 

Once the Dextrose is off entirely, Dr. Potter wants to watch my glucose for a few days before making any feed changes.  The plan though is to explore Bottle Feeding while still in hospital in hopes that I can manage this for when I get home.  The discussion continued today regarding my return to Harding st. and mom and dad were elated.   I may need to go home with a feeding tube and a pump like I have here.  Only time will tell. 

Mom, dad, and I have been reading all my guestbook entries and on behalf of the family, we so very much appreciate all the support, encouragement, thoughts and prayers!  I feel stronger by the day despite still puking now and again, to my mom's chagrin. 

Looking forward to meeting so many of you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment