Saturday 14 May 2011

The weekend arrives

Good morning all,

Yesterday we resumed my dextrose reduction and now I'm down to 3.5ml per hour.  Glucose readings are still steady at 5.6! That's great news all round.  Over night, daddy stayed with me and tried to sleep but I decided that 4am was my time to shine.  I got him up and cried until he changed my bum.  Then as I was wide awake daddy stayed up and cuddled me for awhile.  We listened to music on daddy's blackberry until it was time to go back down for a nap. 

We read a bunch of visitor comments today and I was so happy to hear from my family and friends.  I had no idea how many new pals I was making.  Uncle Jan and Jay are coming today for a visit and I hope they came ready to play!  Based on my feeding schedule, they should be here just in time for the end of my meds.  Maybe I can puke on them today!

Mommy and I are sitting together and I'm hiccuping like a beast.  Mommy doesn't like it when I do this because I only seem to do it with her.  Yesterday, mom helped me learn to suck my thumb.  This was good news as I often spit out my soother and can't find it again.  The only problem I still have is when I suck my thumb I make a claw hand and usually scratch my face.

For those of you who wanted to keep up with Emerson, I have the link handy, do you want it?  I'll give it to you!  Ok, here it is.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/emersonrutledge

check him out too, he's my best pal in here!  Keep praying for him too, his parents are still without answers much like we are.

Thanks for reading, we'll talk again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment