Friday 13 May 2011

1 boy 3 diapers

Good morning friends!

Last night was a quiet night.  A wonderfully quiet night.  Daddy stayed by my side again and we slept fairly well for the most part.  I did wake for about 20 minutes around 4am and daddy cuddled and rocked me back to sleep.  Adrian our neighbour didn't cry or get angry at all!

Then morning came.  Daddy woke up to find me bundled up like a newborn again.  Debbie said yesterday that our night nurse Phylicia likes to bundle little ones up tight because she used to work in the neonatal unit.  She had me bundled up soooo tight that I was just a big ball of sweat!  Daddy unwrapped me to let my skin breathe for a minute and the nurses arrived for the pound of flesh.   By pound of course I mean 4 mls and by flesh of course I mean blood.

Just as they started my blood work mommy showed up!  Her favourite time of day is BLOOD TIME << severe sarcasm warning>>

My blood letting went better today than usual and they were able to get a good capillary sample from my foot.  Once they were done I settled back down with mom.  I was still being a little fussy and mom thought maybe I needed a change, thus began DIAPER #1.

Mom started my change and was surprised!  I had FILLED this one!  I had filled it so good she took one look at dad and said "you need to come do this one!" After cleaning me up and getting ready to put me all back together...  DIAPER #2.  Without warning I made another generous donation!

Dad started over again.  Taking away my old diaper, adding a bit of my no sting rash spray and powder.  Then just as we were finishing up.  DIAPER #3!

Suffice it to say, daddy was both proud and annoyed.  The doctors are happy that I am a poop factory and thankfully the hospital system has a near endless supply of diapers just for me.  I'm getting pretty close to a pack a day!

The doctors are getting ready to do rounds soon.  The big news is that I'm still not holding down my med/formula concoction so they are going to decide if there is a better way to administer some of my medications.  The current plan is to still reduce my dextrose, slower than before though, and wait patiently for my skin and muscle biopsy results. 

Side note -- one of the doctors here looks like a Bollywood Neil Diamond.  "Forever in blue jeans babe."

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment