Tuesday 10 May 2011

The move to Gen Peds

Mommy and Daddy had to leave the Ronald McDonald House this morning as they are closing for renovations.  They have been put up down the street in the Visitor's Inn.

While Daddy was checking into the hotel, mommy came to see me.  She walked into my room and was surprised that in my bed there was a girl!  She was worried sick about me, where did I go!  Mommy was told that I was moved to the general pediatric ward last night. She was upset that they just moved me without notice.  She texted dad to tell him where I was so he wasn't confused as well.

I got my first blood work done at the Gen peds, and it came back with a low PH level and a higher lactic level.  Daddy was beside himself, upset that I was moved to Gen Peds and I had gotten my worst blood results in days.  What seemed like days went by for my next blood test in the afternoon.  My blood results came back better. 

They tried to take blood from my arm, I am not used to this method and screamed my head off.  Mommy and Daddy had told them to do heel pokes, but they weren't listening to us at first.  Only a small amount came out of my arm and then they decided to get my feet going.  Success! 

I have also learned how to rip out my NG tube, and am now on my 5th tube, due to med cloggings and from the one I yanked out today.

Emerson's parents came to visit us, they too had been moved to the Gen Peds ward, and were less than thrilled with it, as Emerson was still having seizures and his mommy has to run to find a nurse when he stops breathing. Emerson's mommy told us that there were a few really critical babies who got rushed to the ICU last night and they needed our room, so both of us were moved to the Gen Ped ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment