Thursday 19 May 2011

Enter the Bottle!!

Ladies and gentlemen we have achieved bottle feeds.  Now not to get ahead of ourselves here but yesterday afternoon I took in 7ml by bottle (and wore 7ml more) and today I just ate 13ml!  This is fantastic and my OT Kate is thrilled.  So the new plan is feed for 1 hour, fast for 1 hour.  My feeds have been adjusted to 36ml in one hour from 18ml in one hour to make up for the pauses.  Mom and dad have asked for a list of things to watch for in improving my feeding ability.  This is one HUGE baby step on the road to going home.

In other news, mom found me a Fischer price crib-side aquarium that plays some sweet classical music.  My Grandpa and Wayne are coming to visit today and probably take mom and dad to dinner. 

Please continue to pray for me and my roommate Emerson.  We're both making great strides and the nurses and doctors are very pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment