Sunday 22 May 2011

4 weeks...

hi all,

ethan here again, using the blackberry again while we wait for a new wifi option.

started the day off right today with yet another scary low blood sugar!  i was down to 2.7 according to the lab results.  this sparked a little worry among the lab guys and i was required to endure a second bloodletting today.  as usual the extra heel poke didn't phase me.

nurse heather was on today but it appears she doesn't move as fast as the weekday nurses.  poor emerson had a seizure at 7:45 and she was standing outside the room.  she was talking to another nurse and didn't see the assistance light flashing over our room. Dad ran out to get them and made sure Emerson was ok. That was scary!

We got our replacement morning meds around 10. The vitamin C didn't make it until almost 2! Mom and dad are now in charge of mixing and administering my feeds and meds! Quite the responsibility.

Spent most of the day hungry and grumpy and crying more than my fair share. To make it better, mom and dad both played with me lots! Dad played rocket ship with me and mommy sang I'm a little tea pot :). I was very happy about the attention but peed on mommy anyway.

As a special gesture, dad went out to get a cake made for me and Emerson that reads "Happy one month birthday Ethan and Emerson" on it. I know all the adults can't wait to dig in. Maybe if my sugars drop again I'll get some icing :)


Well I'm hoping for a good night tonight as I don't think my mom and dad can take much more of this.

Love to you all!

P.S I finally got my bath! The nurse brought me a shallow bowl so I could sit my bum in it and get a nice wash! Oh I feel so clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment