Wednesday 8 June 2011

I am sorry, you said what? My head?

Monday Emerson got to go home and was discharged from the hospital! He has been seizure free for the last week! We are happy that he got to finally go home! However we are saddened that we have lost some really great roommates!

I also started on 2 meds for my spit ups and puking episodes. The Dr.s believe that I may have reflux and given my situation they need to do something about it.

Monday it was found that the ward glucometers that have been checking my sugars are totally wrong. My sugars are going to the lab now, which means more blood from my foot. They are pretty low. 2.8, 3.1, 3.2, 3.4. The last one was 2.2. Although they are attributing that to the sample having sat for 2 hours before it was analyzed. They did it again this time from a venous sample! It was 3 and my lactate was 9. Not good. I puked and spit up with every feed over the course of the night. Another venous blood test was ordered this morning while I was feeding. My glucose was 3.7. However they still used a tourniquet on me, which elevates the lactate, which mommy had mentioned both times the sample was taken. So the dr has ordered my head to be poked at 6pm tonight as it is the most accurate way to get the lactate level. Free flowing blood only.

No comments:

Post a Comment