Sunday 17 July 2011

Foreign substances IN???

Friday morning I went back to GRH to get my first round of immunizations (2 needles).  Mommy had begged my pediatrician to let me get immunized at the hospital instead of going to the family doctor.

Mommy and Grandma P. dressed me in sunglasses so I was 'incognito'.  Mommy stayed in the room and was asked to hold my arms down while my two nurses, yes I already have my regular nurses (Laurie and Patty) needled me in both legs, so they wouldn't have to needle me two separate times.  I was pretty good and only cried for a bit.  We stayed an hour and a half later to see if I would have an allergic reaction.  I didn't so we were good to go.  I was a little fussy that night and mommy said I felt a little warm.  Turns out my temperature was a little higher than normal (37.7). 

I got ready for Saturday and put my best party face on.  There were a lot of people coming to see me.  Yvette and Paula came first, they brought mommy and daddy Swiss Chalet for lunch and an apple pie.  In came my uncle Jan, who was going to make us homemade burgers for dinner!  My aunt Jackie, uncle Bob, big brother Greg, bigger brother Sam and auntie Katarina joined us.  They brought pie, cupcakes and salad for our festivities.  I also received a robe I can wear when I become a big boy and a hippo rattle from Katarina.  New exercise clothes from Jackie, Bob and the boys.  In addition on Thursday my uncle Brian had dropped off an elephant rattle to help me with my arm exercises.

The day went well and everyone was really nice to me!  I got to spend a lot of time with people other than my parents and I wasn't scared at all!

I still have a bit of a temperature so we'll keep up with the Tylenol.  We go to MacMaster on Monday for my first clinic checkup with Dr. Tarnopolsky.  He may have some results ready, but we are doubtful as he had told us 6 weeks from when we left Mac.

I still haven't seen my OT, due to the blood fiasco, but the appointment is scheduled this week.  I am putting my hands together to my chest and near my mouth, so that part is completed!  I still hate tummy time and can't lift my head yet.   

No comments:

Post a Comment