Friday 1 June 2012

Daycare Decision #1

Mommy got a call from one of the daycares on Tuesday (J.W Gerth YMCA) informing her that there was a spot for me starting in September. Mommy asked if they knew that I had a Gtube. Nope! and they've never heard of it before, What's that! Mommy was glad she didn't call it my PEGasaurous, they would have been even more confused.

The lady said that they had a girl that needs insulin shots and the parents just came in to show the staff how to do it. So it would be the same.... Yeah kinda not the same. *sigh* My stupid PEGasaurous!

It has just occurred to me that I haven't shown my fellow viewers what my tube looks like...12 months late but at least I remembered. So here it is in all it's glory!

PEGasaurous
Now, there's usually an attachment that goes on the end to attach the tube to a feeding pump and/syringes, the additional tube is added because it can easily be changed if and when the ports or tube snaps. We can't do it with the one you see because this part is always attached to me, inside my belly. If this one breaks, it's to the ER with me to get a new one put in and hopefully my stomach doesn't heal up.. which we are told happens in 2 hours! Which ER do you know moves quicker than 2 hours?

My parents took off the extra tube attachment, because they've been instructed to not use my tube for at least 1 more week, to see how I'm doing.They took it off because the extra tube makes my PEGasaurous basically the size of me and it just gets in the way.

Anyway back to daycare. She told mommy that they will hold my spot until Friday morning. Mommy told Daddy, and Daddy said, whatever you think. Hmmmm Mommy didn't like that too much, a big decision like this. So it came to this morning and Mommy had to make the call back, the decision she made was that I am not ready right now and to place me back on the wait list.

I heard Mommy crying, so I pretended to be asleep.

1 comment:

  1. Ethan, I need to play with you each day, don't go to daycare yet!!

    ReplyDelete