Friday 2 September 2011

Infant Development

Mommy, Grandma and I had our first appointment with Dave from Infant Development.

I was having a late nap when he dropped in to see me. In the meantime he had mommy fill in an assessment that asked questions pertaining to the development of a 4 month old.  My overall assessment was ranked at the 10-25th percentile.

I woke up and I was put on a mat so that Dave could observe my "play" and he ticked off the positions I was doing on a chart.  (Prone, supine and side lying).  This gives him a baseline of what I am doing presently in those positions.  He brought a bag of toys and took out a weird horse ring with a turny string to monitor my tracking skills.  He let me hold onto miniature maracas, I liked these as finally I could hold onto something in my small.. yet manly hands!

Dave will come by once a week, however next week he is fully booked so I will see him in 2 weeks.

My feeds are now up to 140 mls every 4 hours.  I am spitting up on every feed though, so we think my anti-reflux meds need to be increased, however my pediatrician is off until Tuesday!  I am trying to make it up to my recommended feed volum of 150-160e, but it's been hard with my spit ups.

Dr. Tarnopolsky's office informed us that the government has approved the funding for the mtDNA testing, so the results of that testing should be back in about 4 weeks.

In other news, apparently I am learning cause and effect relationships as I will just cry to see if my mommy comes and gets me.  She does, but I think I am driving her a little crazy, I am 4 months old and it's how I learn.

Grandma gave me my first ABC book!  I love the colourful pictures and I try to turn the pages, somewhat fumbly while grandma reads with me.

Mommy and Grandma are going to the psychic fair tomorrow for some fun!  Hopefully these psychics say some nice things about me!  Mommy will have an update on the weekend about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment