Saturday 14 July 2012

14 month Assessment

Hello All,

Ethan here!

Friday the 13th marked the day of my 14 month assessment.  Dave, our friend from infant and child development joined us for some one on one play time to see what I was getting up to these days.  Dave is a nice man who carries a HUGE sack of toys, kind of like Santa Clause, only with more educational value and less white beard.  The assessment took about forty-five minutes and we played with blocks, pegs, crayons, balls, and I especially took new interest in banging on a cymbal.  No I'm not going to turn around and be Mozart tomorrow but I can see I like to hear things make noise!   On the other hand, we also discovered that I have no love for crayons.  I mean none!  Let's hope I change my mind soon as I think Mommy fancies me to be quite the little artist!









The assessment went well in all areas with the exception of my speech and gross motor skills.  Checkout my scorecard! The dots in the white area indicate areas in which I'm exhibiting normal development.  The ones in the black area show were I need a lot of work.  Anything in the shaded middle would be an area that's on the fringe.  Darn that gross motor skills mark!  My communication is very good from a receptive point of view but since I'm not actively using any words yet I'm not scoring as high as I could otherwise.











In other news, Mommy enjoyed a visit with uncle Jay and uncle Jan this week.  She dropped me off with Grandma and Grandpa Philp and drove on down to Brantford.  While she was away, Grandma played in the pool with me for a whole hour!  I'm getting really good at hurling myself off the sides of the pool into Grandma's arms!  After some pool time, a long nap, and some "let's make a mess of the living room floor" time, I was ready to go home.  Oh No! Mommy's not back from Brantford and she has my car seat!!

In a quick pinch, Daddy was able to swing by after work with the JEEP!  There was a big boy seat that has been waiting for a big boy to use it at Grandma and Grandpees house.   Daddy and Grandpa worked together to install it the back and voila! I was ready for the open road, the wind in my hair and the sun on my face!


No roof, no doors, no problem! I love riding in the Jeep!

Daddy was nice and kept me off the highway and at the end of the journey we made it home safe and sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment